Luxury Vinyl Installation
When you want versatile luxury vinyl floors in your home, we are the installation experts in Martinez, CA! We can successfully bring realistic luxury vinyl flooring to your home or business, with long-lasting results and premium performance. Which steps do you need to handle ahead of time? How long until you can walk on your luxury vinyl and bring furniture back in? The more that you understand the entire luxury vinyl installation process, the less your rooms will be displaced before, during, and after. Read more below and get ready for your new luxury vinyl!
Before luxury vinyl installation can even begin, you will need to ensure that these important steps are complete:
- Remove all furniture and furnishings from the room and closets that are receiving new luxury vinyl.
- Take everything framed or hanging off the walls, since these items can easily get knocked off.
- Remove the doors in advance in case the new luxury vinyl flooring height will prevent full range of movement, especially if the luxury vinyl is installed as a floating floor.
Now, it’s time to properly prep the area for luxury vinyl installation:
- Luxury vinyl can often be installed over existing flooring, so you may not need to remove the old flooring!
- Floating floor installation can go over a variety of subfloors so assess if your subfloor is in proper condition with your installer.
- Bring in the new luxury vinyl to acclimate for at least 48 hours in advance.
When your luxury vinyl installation day is here, make sure to follow these guidelines:
- Stay at home to answer all questions that your luxury vinyl installers may need to ask you.
- Designate an area for luxury vinyl installers to keep tools they need such as a jigsaw, miter saw, utility knife, vinyl cutters, measuring tape, tapping block, rubber mallet, chalk, and more.
- Keep kids and pets well away from the luxury vinyl installation process, and from the installer work area.
After your new luxury vinyl is installed successfully, make sure to ask any questions and observe the following:
- New luxury vinyl floating floors with click and lock design can receive regular foot traffic right away.
- Luxury vinyl floors that are glued down need at least 48 hours to set before receiving foot traffic.
- Make sure all doors work properly. With floating floors, you may need to shave down doors in order for them to swing freely.
- Carefully move furniture back into the room using moving equipment, and use protectors on the feet of chairs, tables, and furniture to avoid damage.